USEFUL INFORMATION FOR THE CRUISE
All delegates will be contacted in due course firstly to submit their passport number and flight details in a special electronic online form and secondly in order to be sent a cabin voucher indicating the type and number of the cabin, as well as the number and names of the guests for easy reference and to make your embarkation on the ship easier.
Embarkation of all delegates on the ship will start on Monday 11th, 2018 from 12.30 -18.00 at Piraeus Port at cruise terminal gate E 11 (Akti Miaouli, Pireaus Port, Greece)
Hospitality Desk and transfer from the airport
Hospitality desks will be available outside intra and extra Schengen arrival gates with people would be able to help you regarding your transportation to the Piraeus Port.
Free bus transfer from Athens airport (Eleftherios Venizelos) to Piraeus Port will be provided on Monday June 11th, 2018. Time schedule will be announced soon from the website and will also be sent to you as an e-mail message.
You will need valid, up-to-date passports and a double entry Schengen visas, depending on your nationality. We urge you to make sure you have everything ready well before your departure date. Should you find that any of your documentation is expired, you will need to contact the relevant authorities in your country and make sure you obtain a valid passport. As per local authorities all passengers must have valid traveling documents in order to embark on the cruise. It is passenger’s responsibility to ensure that they fully comply with Schengen regulations.
Please note that Turkish authorities only accept ID cards from the following countries: German, Belgium, France, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Portugal, Greece and Italy.
*** For all other nationalities a passport should be presented. Your passport will also be required for a number of transactions, such as currency exchange and must have a validity of at least six months after the date of the cruise.
Regarding Schengen visa requirements, please visit the website of the Hellenic Ministry of Foreign Affairs at the following link: https://www.mfa.gr/en/visas/visas-for-foreigners-traveling-to-greece/countries-requiring-or-not-requiring-visa.html in order to find out whether you need a Schengen visa to visit Greece.
In case you need it, please ensure that you obtain a double entry Schengen visa due to ship’s calling one Turkish port.
Arriving in Athens
· Metro Line to the city Centre (Syntagma Square) every 30 minutes. Ticket fare for a single person costs € 10 euros (minimum time from the airport to the city center 40 minutes)
· Taxi fare from Athens airport to City Centre € 35-€ 45 euros depending on the traffic (minimum time from the airport to the city center 45 minutes)
· Bus to City Centre X95 (Syntagma Square) every 30 minutes outside intra Schengen arrival gate cost per person € 6 euros (minimum time from the airport from the city center 1 hour)
· Bus to Piraeus Port X96 every 30 minutes outside intra Schengen arrival gate € 6 euros (minimum time from the airport from the city center 1 hour)
EMBARKATION ON THE SHIP
· Embarkation of all delegates on the ship will start onMonday 11th, 2018 from 12.30 -18.00 at Piraeus Port.
· All passengers must have a valid passport as well as their double entry visa in order to embark on the ship.
· Prior to your arrival you would have been provided with a voucher indicating the number of your cabin. This voucher will help you embark on the ship easily. The voucher will be exchanged by cruise line’s staff with your e-ticket. You will also receive your boarding card and there will be a thorough control of your travelling documents, which will be held for the entire duration of the cruise.
· Your passports will be scanned, and you will have your photo taken for security reason
· You can also register your credit card during the check-in procedure which will be linked to your on-board account
· Then you will be given a name card with all the details of your accommodation which from then on you will be using as your key to your cabin as well as a credit card to purchase any additional services purchased on board.
· After your embarkation you will be guided to the ship’s reception to get your conference material
· All payments will be finalized at the end of the cruise upon your disembarkation from the ship.
(Monday, June 11th, 2018 to Friday 15th, June 2018)
While onboard on Monday June 11th 2018 at 18.00 before the ship leaves the port, we will have a safety drill which is mandatory for all passengers.
All the scientific program sessions will be held on Deck 8 at Muses Lounge for the 13th World Processing Tomato Congress and at the Conference area for the 15th ISHS Symposium on the Processing Tomato
Your stay on board will include apart from 3 meals per day (breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, late night shows (different show each night) and other leisure activities for the accompanying persons.
Details for each day’s leisure program will be included in a leaflet which will be distributed every day into your cabin so that you can choose and plan in advance your leisure time.
DISEMBARKING FROM THE SHIP
Friday 15th, June 2018
Upon our arrival at Piraeus Port on Friday 15th, June 2018 we have to disembark the ship from 07.00 until 10.00 the same day. Early breakfast will be available from 06.30-09.30. For those who will attend the Post Congress tour busses will be waiting outside the ship at 09.30.
Free bus transfer to the Athens airport from Piraeus Port will be available also upon the disembarkation of the ship.
Please note that cabins must be vacated at 07.00hrs on the day of disembarkation but you can stay on board until 10.00hrs